Several York And Adams County fire departments operated at this well involved house fire this afternoon in Paradise Township on Maple Grove Road. A close call happened as seen in photos 1117-1133, the front wall collapsed nearly striking firefighters. The fire was placed under control in about one hour. This is the second time firefighters have responded to this property for fires, the first time was for a fully involved garage to the left of the this structure. The home owner told the police officers on scene, he was burning debris and it got away from him. this was the second house fire of the day for most of the firefighters on this incident.
Tag: Multiple Alarm Fires
Mar 23 2016
Dec 07 2015
Firefighters in Frederick County Maryland responded Monday morning for a reported house fire with reports of occupants trapped, just doors away from the Emmitsburg Fire Department. Personnel found and removed three victims in the burning building. The fire claimed the life of one on scene, and two others were transported to hospitals, one being flown to a burn center. Photos by Bryan Felix
Dec 02 2015
Frederick County Maryland Box 6-1 was struck just before 15:00 hours today for fire visible at Pauls Pit Stop 100 block of South Seton Avenue in Emmittsburg. The fire went to two alarms in a multiple family dwelling bringing firefighters from two states, three counties, Frederick, Carroll and Adams. Photos submitted by FF Tom Carr.
Sep 07 2015
An early morning building fire at the popular Morningstar Markets on the Lincoln Highway near Thomasville brought fire departments from York and Adams County to the scene. Thomasville FD arrived to fire and smoke showing in a smaller 25×50′ attached building to the main market buildings. The fire was contained to the smaller building.
Aug 16 2015
A lit, unattended gas grill on the rear porch of this single family home on Collins Circle in Penn Township, Hanover Pa. Sunday evening left this family homeless. Hanover and Penn Township firefighters arrived to find fire through the roof of the attached garage. Several other neighboring departments assisted on this two alarm fire.