Truck 46 of the Hanover Fire Department sits in front of a two story, single family dwelling where firefighters from York County Stations 46 & 49 responded for smoke in the attic. Chief 79 (Clousher) arrived to find the odor of smoke and wood burning from the exterior of the home. A small electrical fire was found to be the origin of the odors. Photo Submitted
Tag: Hanover Borough
Jul 31 2017
Jul 15 2017
A working fire assignment operated this morning before daylight at the IWM International (the old Hanover Wire Cloth) building at 500 West Middle Street in Hanover Borough. A large collection of dust consisting of wire shavings and coating burned on the steel beams throughout the one section of the commercial building.
Feb 06 2017
Nov 27 2016
Hanover and Penn Township firefighters stretch lines after arriving to 651 Broadway in Hanover Borough to a working fire in an abandoned house, The crew of Truck 46 made entry and immediately a fireman fell through a floor causing the May Day to be called. The uninjured fireman was quickly located in the basement and was assisted out of the structure. Crews from York and Adams County battled the fire. The fire was placed under control in approximately 45 minutes. Photo submitted
Sep 23 2016
Hanover and Penn Twp. Fire & EMS along with Hanover Borough Police responded to the intersection of Wilson Avenue and Industrial Drive for a car reported off a bridge. On arrival a SUV was in the grass after going down a small embankment, wiping out a street sign.
Sep 18 2016
Box 46-05 was struck at 01:07 hours Sunday morning for a structure fire in the 500 block of North Frankin Street in Hanover Borough. With just a few short blocks for Engine 46-1, firefighters arrived on scene within three minutes with nothing showing. The owner, out of the house stating his house is full of smoke, firefighters began to do a 360 when they discover smoke pushing from side B, basement window and door. A working fire assignment was requested. Entry was made by E46 crew, finding heavy smoke throughout. In the basement a dehumidifier had caught fire. Minimal damage to the structure. Crews cleared the smoke, some over haul and took up in about one hour.